The size and type of the Gateway AntiVirus signature set depends on your Firebox hardware platform and software version.
In Fireware v12.0 and higher there are two signature set sizes from Bitdefender:
- Standard — Small size signature set for Firebox T10, T15, T30, XTM 25, 26, 33, 330.
- Enterprise — Full size signature set for all other models.
Virtual Fireboxes (FireboxV, XTMv, Firebox Cloud) get the Enterprise set if the instance has 2GB or more of memory
In Fireware v11.12.x and lower there are three signature set sizes from AVG:
All signature sets provide excellent protection against the most common types of viruses.
- Standard — Small size signature set for devices with lower memory resources.
- Extended — Medium size signature set for devices with lower memory resources that run Fireware OS v11.9 and higher.
- Enterprise — Full size signature set.
For the most up-to-date and effective antivirus protection, you should always run the latest OS version for your WatchGuard device and have the latest Gateway AntiVirus signatures.
To learn more about Gateway AntiVirus signature updates, see: